[SOLVED] Notifications settings - Errors

I’m trying to setup the Notifications to notify me on event etc.

Using the Turris provider everything works out just fine but I would like to use my ISP instead.

I want to connect to:
server: smtp.bredband.net
port: 465
Security: SSL
username:
password:

I tried these setting in my mail program and it works as it should. As long as I’m connected to their network I do not need any authentication.
So I did a custom set up in the Turris under maintenance based on that but I get error messages all the time.

Using port 25 and no security and when using port 465 and SSL I get this error message:
Failed to send: msmtp: recipient address xxxxx@xxxxx.xx not accepted by the server
msmtp: server message: 452 Too many recipients received from the sender

I then tested port 25 and authentication but got this error:
Failed to send: msmtp: cannot use a secure authentication method

and if I try port 465 and SSL with authentication I get the same error as without auth.
Failed to send: msmtp: recipient address xxxxx@xxxxx.xx not accepted by the server
msmtp: server message: 452 Too many recipients received from the sender

I’ve tried with my own email addresses as well as the ISP-provided one but there are no difference in the error messages.
According to my ISP they do not experience any problems with the smtp server and my settings and addresses are correct.

Some ideas?
Have I misunderstood anything or can I set this up any differently?

This error message looks like some kind of rate-limitting on the ISP side. What sender address are you using? Is it from ISP’s domain?

Thats what I’m reacting too as well.

I’ve tried to set sender end receiver as same as ISPs domain, Sender address from ISP domain and receiver as my personal, and vice versa. I get the same error message every time.
452 Too many recipients received from the sender

Solution is here.

@Ondrej_Caletka

Hi Ondrej,

we have had short discussion on turris.cz, but it seems, I’m still stuck where I was before.
I am still getting msmtp: cannot connect to smtp.turris.cz, port 465: Permission denied message.

I’ve tried “Rollback to factory reset” but no change there.
I’ve also corrected the above mentioned /usr/bin/notifier but that is not really related, I reckon.

What I’ve found during the initial steps after the rollback, was connectivity test failure, which was successful only with disabled forwarding, and inability to sync the time with the timeserver. Had to get the time from PC.

Would appreciate any recommendations what else to check and hopefully how to sort it out. The notification emails are not that important, to be honest, but there could be other problems with my Omnia which I don’t see/recognize yet.

Cheers,
Libor