Turris Mox powers down

We have an experimental solution for the MOX Reboot Hang Issue. I would like some users to test whether this solves the issue for you and let me know. Please follow the instructions here

1 Like

Unfortunately your patch didn’t help. (MOX classic OS 5.1.3)
I followed your instructions, all without any problem, reboot from CLI hanged, after power off/on booted OK. But, for next 12 power off/on cycles MOX was hanging. Only 13th power cycle was succesfull.
Note that (in my case) booting time is about 50 sec, in each testing cycle I waited at least 90 sec.

2 Likes

@jada4p do you have access to MOX via serial cable? Or just via network?

Sorry, only via network.

I just installed the patch and for me it seems to solve the problem. I did have to power cycle once after the two mtdwrite for u-boot.bin and trusted-secure-firmware.bin were done (i.e. first reboot command still stalled), but after the power cycle I tried several times reboot command and it correctly came up without any need to power cycle again. Thanks a lot for the fix - better late than never :slight_smile: (even though I meanwhile bought a Netgear router that has replaced the Mox in my operational setup here).

2 Likes

I installed the patch. Good news: reboot from ssh works now (N=1), reboot from Luci works (N=1). Bad news: the reboot button from Foris does nothing at all (N=5), which I suppose is a Foris problem.

Discussion continues on Reboot doesn't work

Latest try: workaround-v4 works for my Mox:
reboot-issue-workaround-v4 reboot-issue-workaround-v4 · Turris / MOX boot-builder · GitLab

1 Like

You are really lucky one!

1 Like

A new version of reboot issue workaround has been released. Please look at this post.

1 Like