Turris OS 4.0 alpha2 is out!

Hello,

I think you seem to be interested in details about LED and SFP support for Turris Omnia in OpenWrt and upstream kernel. These two things are still work in progress and they can not be accepted in OpenWrt as it is!

I see that in this thread is mentioned Klaus Kudielka, again. Even I appreciate what he has done about SFP and LED, but unfortunately, it wasn’t merged to OpenWrt. One of the patches, which he sent to OpenWrt mailing list was directly pulled from our repository. In the same mailing list, you can see that what was suggested could be a temporary workaround and that he was asked to get the LED driver accepted in upstream first. This is also said in the thread, which you mention. :wink: We’d like to have LED support also in the upstream kernel, so there wouldn’t be additional patches among all GNU/Linux distributions and we’d like to do it as it should be.

Anyway, LED support is a little bit complicated. I can suggest you read: https://lists.gt.net/linux/kernel/2976188 together with commit messages from these patches in our repository turris-build 1, 2, 3. They’re still work in progress.

Unfortunately, I don’t know much details about SFP as I don’t use it. Hopefully, colleagues will tell you more. If you’d like to discuss more details upstreaming together with SFP, LED, I will move this discussion to separate thread.